About this book
Your company wants to innovate, disrupt, grab market share, and leap past competitors rather than play catch-up, but the methods you tried had little or no success. Despite trying to be Agile, Lean, efficient, fast, and possibly even customer-centric, common design practices struggle in creating successful outcomes for businesses and ecosystems.
Disruptive Research delves into how knowledge-oriented research and design can uncover truly exceptional insights and create disruptive innovations. If your company is curious about or already likes Jobs To Be Done or discovery-focused methods, Disruptive Research will show how to achieve greater success by following its proven process.
This book explores topics including:
- Learning users’ tasks and unmet needs through observational research.
- Translating these into ripe opportunities for your company.
- Task analysis and optimization.
- User knowledge profiles instead of personas, which are often ineffective and not actionable.
- Knowledge design: solving user problems and innovating based on what research reveals about users’ “knowledge gaps.”
- Task-oriented design: organizing the design for tasks, rather than features.
- Tips and tricks to leverage user psychology and behaviors.
Numerous examples illustrating these methods from various industries. A practice example evolves along with the book, demonstrating these knowledge-oriented methods by thoroughly detailing each step of the process.
- This is a how-to book written for UX researchers and designers familiar with UCD methods who want to apply more evolved methods to website, software, product, and service projects.
- This book was written for both less experienced UX practitioners as well as more veteran researchers and designers.
- Additionally, UX managers and directors will benefit from these methods, which will improve procedural and scheduling aspects of their UX projects.
Aug 22, 2023
7 inches x 10 inches
Workshop, corporate training, conference keynote or presentation.
978-1734097719 Hardcover with full color internal print